Melt & Pour Soap Base Suspending
This Melt and Pour Suspending Soap Base is specially designed to 'suspend' additives such as jojoba beads or loofah. It can be used to create a decorative soap bar (e.g. such as by adding fine glitter) or a functional exfoliating bar. Creative possibilities are endless. Some trial and error is required with this product, as some additives may be too heavy for the suspending properties of the base to work properly.
Users should try adding their ingredients at a slightly cooler temperature than normal, as the base will be thicker and more likely to suspend additives.
The key ingredient in the Suspending M&P base is Silica. Silica creates a suspending matrix within the formulation, but that very property can also be apt to trap in more air and create a cloudy effect. Therefore, when stirring in additives, it should be done very gently and avoid any abrupt stirring as this can inadvertently welcome air into the formulation and cause unwanted cloudiness of the base.
A two pound brick can make between 10 - 20 soaps, depending on the size of the soap you’re trying to make.
• Highly moisturizing formula with excellent lather
• No artificial colors added
• No animal testing
• 100% Vegetable base
• Semi-transparent & colorless (off white) for excellent color saturation
• Odorless base for superior fragrance lift
• Neutral pH of approximately 7.8
• Compatible with wide range of fragrances
• Compatible with a wide range of fragrances, Vegetable-based melt and pour soap base, which does not contain any animal by-product
• High natural glycerin content and easily released from any mold
Orders will be processed and shipped within 1-3 business days of receipt. Delivery time may vary depending on destination of the order. Because we use ground service for our deliveries, orders shipped to the west coast may take several days.